Friday, September 14, 2012

Things I've Been Loving: Lazy Uni/College Edition

Hey there blog, it's been awhile...I embarked on my third year of uni/college a few weeks ago and it has decided to take over my whole life, give or take. Time management has never been my forte but I am going to try to post at least 1-2 times per week at the least!

In light of my busy schedule (aka no life..) today I decided to share some of the products I've been loving...especially the ones that save me time in the morning. Sleep will always trump my morning routine, no contest there.

First up are the eyes...

Mac Quarry e/s & Maybelline Color Tattoo in Bad to the Bronze

Oops, backwards swatching. L - Bad to the Bronze R- Quarry
Quarry is one of my favorite crease shades from Mac, and lately I've been so lazy that I discovered sweeping some all over my lid into the crease looks pretty good. Gives definition, and compliments my brown eyes I think.

The Color Tattoo is more of a no-brainer easy eye look. Bad to the Bronze seems to be the crowd favorite amongst bloggers, and I have to admit it is a great cream eyeshadow. Sometimes I find it a bit too shimmery, but if you pat on a little it looks fine for everyday. Without primer, it lasts about 6 hours on me which is pretty good considering my lids are very crease-prone. My camera isn't the best, but if you can tell I've used quite a bit of this since I picked it up in the spring. I've been loving other Color Tattoos as well, might do a post on those too.

Onto some skincare bits (personally my favorite category)...



Out of all the Dr. Bronner's Magic Soaps, my favorite by far is the peppermint. If you're unfamiliar with  castille soaps, they are basically an emulsion of water and several different oils. I use this one to clean my non-synthetic hair makeup brushes and it works amazingly well! I also love it as a body wash after working out; the peppermint is so refreshing. G. over at Nouveau Cheap (a must-read blog for me) recently did a post on her love of Dr. Bronner's...check it out here. Reminded me how much I love these liquid soaps.


Last but definitely not least is Jack Black's Intense Therapy lip balm in Lemon & Chamomile. WHY have I not tried Jack Black until now?? This stuff is nothing short of AMAZING. I hate using the term "holy grail" but this balm just may be it for me. The smell is lemon-y but not overpowering...I do love lemon flavor and scent so if you can't relate, they make several other flavors like traditional mint. It stays on for ages, and moisturizes my lips so well. It contains lanolin, which is a great moisturizing ingredient, as well as SPF 25, pretty great for just a lip balm. I usually apply this at night but it is clear so you wear it whenever.

Voila, the products I've been loving these days. Anything that works well and enables me to sleep in longer gets a nod of approval from me...

What products have you been enjoying lately? Any recommendations for me? x Linds

6 comments:

  1. I've been loving tinted moisturizers lately! I really like the laura mercier one, but I've been looking around for some drugstore alternatives too (because lets be real - $43 for a tinted moisturizer is a little much) :D

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I've heard great things about the LM tinted moisturizer too but yeah the price tag puts you off, doesn't it? I love her mineral powder as a light foundation xx

      Would love to see any drugstore alts from you! :) Thanks for reading Kelly!

      Delete
  2. I recently purchased Bad to the Bronze, and I have been loving it as a quick go-to eye look! I've been experimenting with layering different shades on top, and I can't seem to get enough of it!
    Quarry looks a lot like UD Tease from the Naked 2--I was wondering if you have the N2, could you possibly do a comparison of Tease and Quarry?
    Great post & I hope all the best for you and your somewhat newer blog! ♥

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Isn't the versatility of bad to the bronze just amazing? Happy to hear someone else is enjoying it. I don't own the naked 2 however my best friend does so perhaps next time we're in touch I can do a proper compare. Both shades do look similar!
      Thank you so much for your kind words, I appreciate it! Blogging is fun, I hope to continue with it :)

      Delete
  3. Bad to the bronze looks really great!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I highly recommend it if its available near you ! Thanks for reading x

      Delete